Miley Cyrus Invites Military Families for 'Hannah Montana' Filming

Author Hannah Category

Miley Cyrus and her dad Billy Ray Cyrus have given dozens of military families a treat. During the March 12 taping of "Hannah Montana", the two surprised the studio audience which are made up of those families by inviting them to take part in filming a concert
scene for the hit Disney Channel series.

Explaining the reason why, Miley told People magazine, "My dad has always been super involved with the troops so [the producers] always try to find things that are close to our hearts and that we're really involved in." Billy Ray chimed in, "This past December I was in Afghanistan and Iraq and that trip inspired the writers to say let's do an episode to say thank you to the troops."

The girlfriend of Liam Hemsworth went on to detail about the chance given to all of the kids in the studio audience to tape greetings to their moms and dads abroad. "It's going to be a satellite thing where the troops can see their kids," she said. "It's really cool that they're having the opportunity to say hi to a mom or dad they haven't seen in a long time. I think that's the coolest thing."

"Hannah Montana" will air its fourth and final season, which is titled "Hannah Montana Forever", in July. Production has begun in January. Addressing the end of the series, Miley said, "I've gone these last five years of doing Hannah Montana with everyone telling me what to do and now it's kind of up to me do what I think is right in my career and I'm just kind of going in my own direction."

In another news, Miley Cyrus has admitted during a recent press conference that she will put aside music to focus on her film career. "This film was the test for me to decide what I really wanted to do, and I love making movies," she said in reference to "The Last Song". She added, "That's what I want to pursue."

"It's not that I don't love music," the 17-year-old explained further. "I love music. If every film could have music, I would do that. But I feel like I just need to get away from that for a little while. It's my security blanket and I donst want to always fall back on that." She elaborated, "I want to continue to do what I love, but also give myself new challenges and not just be the same person, over and over."


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Recommended Links

Theme bloggerized by Dhampire